Working outside our walls.
One of our priorities is to make sure that Videon has a positive impact on our community. This wonderful location has helped us grow into the company we are today, and we feel strongly about giving back whenever possible! By taking the initiative to partner with local groups and businesses, we strive to help State College remain a prosperous and environmentally healthy area that our employees are proud to call home.
Dedication to Our Local Community
Many of our employees volunteer individually with local organizations, but we've also had a number of company-wide efforts to support Centre County.
- A large portion of our garden (maintained by Wilson Home Farms, with help from employees) is set aside to grow crops for the State College Food Bank.
- We are committed to sustainability and environmental stewardship, and have been recognized as a Green Business Partner by the Centre County Recycling and Refuse Authority.
- Our CEO, Todd Erdley, initiated and continues to work with the Centre Region Entrepreneur Network (CREN). CREN has specifically addressed the needs of many local businesses and entrepreneurs.
- We've partnered with the ClearWater Conservancy to support land preservation and to protect the water quality of the stream in the Galbraith Gap. A group of employees planted trees on Arbor Day as part of the Conservancy's Riparian Conservation Program. They continue to volunteer on an ongoing basis to monitor and care for the plantings and support riparian stewardship.
- Our building itself has become a community resource, too. We host regular American Red Cross blood drives and operate as a registered Centre County voting poll location. We also host meetings and events for local clubs our employees are involved with, including the Centre Region Bicycle Coalition, the State College Bicycle Club, the Centre County Canoe Club, Community Supported Agriculture and the State College Young Professionals group.