Driving smarter vehicle entertainment solutions.
Cars are becoming smarter. They are connected with drivers' electronic devices, and they cater to the technological needs of drivers and passengers. Many capabilities of personal and mobile devices in the home are now expected to run on In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) systems. Providers are faced with the challenge of giving customers an in-car media experience just like the one in their living room.
The move to integrate devices with IVI requires companies with expertise in AV standards and regulated industries. What does Videon bring to the table?
- Successful optical software for Blu-ray and DVD solutions.
- Product line of AV modules that can be customized and integrated into IVI.
- Proven software for AV streaming.
- History of working in highly-regulated industries with the processes and certifications to prove it.
- Network of industry contacts and intelligence.
- Experienced team of engineers.
Products and Services
Our optical and streaming software stacks are a perfect fit for IVI. They support:
- Streaming among devices, servers and the cloud
- Multiple operating systems
- Blu-ray, DVD, and (coming soon!) UHD Blu-ray
- Customization and integration into your existing system components
With our streamlined development process, we can support every step of your project and ensure that you end up with a ready-to-release product. Whether you are looking for a complete concept to conclusion project partner or simply one piece of the puzzle, Videon can help.
DLNA Automotive Initiative
As car environments become more connected, how does DLNA let consumers share and access media between devices in the "mobile living room"? As a member and former chair of the DLNA automotive initiative, Videon's Mike Daulerio works with representatives from auto OEMs, consumer electronics companies, silicon producers and more. The group works to develop a plan that establishes IVI as an area of focus and support for DLNA.
GENIVI Alliance Member
As part of the GENIVI Alliance, we work with a group of companies to develop automotive solutions using an open-source development platform. Working together to set requirements and standards for IVI, Videon and our partners are supporting increased efficiency for our automotive customers.