More than talent, it takes amazing people who are willing to go the extra mile to develop great products… Videon, a prominent developer of streaming media and digital video applications for the consumer electronics market, is searching for an exceptional Software Engineer to help us grow our product business. Engineers at Videon are involved in all stages of the product lifecycle, including requirement definition, architectural analysis, implementation, and testing of industry leading video solutions ranging from streaming media to advanced ATSC3.0. Ideal candidates will have development experience in software design using C/C++ for multimedia applications on embedded Linux and Android platforms.
- Design software using design patterns and good software structure at both the architectural and detailed levels to serve as a basis for construction.
- Requirements discovery, analysis, documentation and validation of properties that must be exhibited by software being developed to solve a particular problem.
- Creating working, quality software through a combination of coding, verification, unit testing and debugging.
- Evaluate product quality and improve quality by identifying defects and problems.
- Provide cost-effective support to software during the pre-delivery and post-delivery stage.
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- Fluent knowledge of programming languages C/C++ (including object oriented programming and concurrent programming) is required.
- Proficiency with Linux software development especially Embedded Linux experience is highly desirable with Android native development considered a plus.
- Real-time programming experience, including hardware interfacing, debugging and troubleshooting is highly desirable.
- Experience with media technologies such as FFmpeg / libav / live555, GStreamer or OpenMax is desirable.
- Experience with streaming media protocols such as MPEG-TS, H.264, H.265, RTMP, RTP is desirable.
- Composure and smart decision-making in a fast and sometimes uncertain environment.
- Willingness to proactively share and teach others.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field and 2+ years of experience, or 5+ years of software development experience required with experience in the digital video industry preferred.
Videon has established itself as a critical design partner to the largest integrated circuit developers and consumer electronics brands. Our software solutions touch the lives of millions of people every day. If you want a really cool job, this is definitely the place to be! Check us out at www.videon-central.com, and forward your resume with cover letter to Joan Potter, HR Director at email@example.com.Apply Now