Electronic Service Technician
If you are... Accountable. Confident. Competitive. Ambitious. Detail Oriented. Relentlessly Eager. Performance Driven. Read on!
Service Technicians at Videon are responsible for understanding our equipment and the systems or end environment they go into. Technicians must be able to understand failure modes of the product in the end environment, and perform functional testing as well as extended stress testing to recreate failure modes witnessed in the field. They must be able to troubleshoot to component level, repair PCB’s, document findings and repairs to great detail, recertify, and prepare LRU’s for return. Videon technology encompasses a wide variety of units associated with audio and video across various markets.
Areas of Responsibility
- Troubleshoot units and circuit cards to component level using applicable schematics and assembly documents.
- Set up standard test apparatus or device test equipment and circuitry to troubleshoot and repair returned products.
- Perform extended stress testing.
- Repair units and circuit cards to a component level.
- Component removal and placement to IPC 610 standards.
- Assemble test fixtures, cables or complete unit level assembly according to engineering instructions, schematics, assembly drawings, technical manuals and knowledge of electronic systems and components.
- Follow items through service process to ensure units are repaired, tested through Quality and shipped in a timely manner.
- Assist in Corrective Action/Preventive Action (CAPA) as first line determining root cause and delegating CAPA to appropriate individuals for action.
- Operation of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, thermal chambers.
- Ability to read schematics and assembly drawings.
- Ability to follow work instructions.
- Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Basic Electronics.
- Troubleshooting process and techniques.
- AS9100 Standard.
- Soldering, desoldering and inspection to IPC 610 standards.
- Cable Assembly.
- Ability to learn navigational skills in design tools such as Altium for board troubleshooting.
- Knowledge and use of internal product database software.
- Knowledge and use of Jira issue tracking software.
- General computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work independently and with a group.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Associate degree or 1-3 years of technical experience.