Ultra HD isn't coming--it's here.
If Ultra HD isn't on your roadmap, you're already behind the curve. Videon’s Ultra HD Media SoMs provide quick time to market and optimal design flexibility for anyone building UHD products including streaming devices, set-top boxes, media players, and transcoders.
ST UHD SoM
This device is a good fit for introducing HEVC into your workflow: it offers HEVC to H.264 transcode, 4K HEVC/H.264 decode and H.264 encode. The SoM is built on the STMicroelectronics STiH418 media processor. With it you can leverage the proven Cannes-Monaco architecture and its full-featured Ultra HD decoder. (Full Datasheet)
Next Generation UHD SoM
In the coming months we will be introducing an Ultra HD SoM that supports 4K encode as well as decode. The full UHD feature set and blazing-fast processor will support even complex applications. If you'd like information about this product-in-development, please contact us.
To get started with Videon's SoMs, you can use our evaluation kits and Hardware Development Kits (HDKs). Our expanded Software Development Kit (SDK) options complete the offering and let you build on Videon's established areas of software expertise, including:
- Optical disc (including Ultra HD Blu-ray)
- Media playback
- 3" x 3.75" (76mm x 95mm)
- Samtec board-to-board connector
I/O (As routed to board-to-board connector)
- 2x USB 2.0
- 1x USB 3.0
- SD Card
- PCIe x2 / SATAx2
- HDMI 1.4a Input
- HDMI 2.0 Output
- Quad-core SMP ARM®Cortex™ application CPU offering 12000 DMIPS
- Quad-core GPU for high-performance 3D graphics
- High-quality Faroudja® video subsystem, including video decode/encode, pre- and post-processing for display and transcoding
- High quality ultra HD decoding up to 3840x2160p60, including: HEVC L5.1 Main 10; VP9; Transcode engine
- Advanced security supporting concurrent conditional access, watermarking and DRM, to protect premium broadcast content
- Wide connectivity, including USB 3.0, HDMI 2.0, PCIe, eSATA and Gigabit Ethernet
- Dedicated interfaces to a range of companion front-end solutions, including broadcast (satellite/cable/terrestrial), MoCA 2.0, DOCSIS 3.0/3.1, and 802.11ac Wi-Fi devices
- 28 nm process technology
The SoM comes with a Base Level SDK for use as a media test application. A full SDK, including licensable extensions such as Ultra HD Optical, Streaming AV Over IP, OTT Streaming and File Server / Video Recorder is also available.