If you are... Accountable. Confident. Competitive. Ambitious. Detail Oriented. Relentlessly Eager. Performance Driven. Read on!
We need a Software Engineer that is going to hit the ground running and is prepared to be a key player at Videon with hair on fire intensity while working with the team to enable market applications in e-sports, sports gamification, interactive video, and video cloud contribution.
Areas of Responsibility
- Design software using design patterns and good software structure at both the architectural and detailed levels to serve as a basis for construction.
- Requires discovery, analysis, documentation and validation of properties that must be exhibited by software being developed to solve a particular problem.
- Create working, quality software through a combination of coding, verification, unit testing and debugging.
- Evaluate product quality and improve quality by identifying defects and problems.
- Provide cost-effective support to software during the pre-delivery and post-delivery stage.
- Fluent knowledge of programming languages C/C++ (including object oriented programming and concurrent programming) is required.
- Proficiency with Linux software development especially Embedded Linux experience is highly desirable with Android native development considered a plus.
- Real-time programming experience, including hardware interfacing, debugging and troubleshooting is highly desirable.
- Experience with media technologies such as FFmpeg / libav / live555, GStreamer or OpenMax is desirable.
- Composure and professional, thoughtful decision-making in a fast and sometimes uncertain environment.
- Willingness to proactively share.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to effectively coordinate with internal and external teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field and 2+ years of experience.